Adil Ray clashes with GMB guest during coronavirus debate
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
TV presenter Adil Ray took to social media yesterday to tell fans that he will be back on Good Morning Britain this week with co-host Charlotte Hawkins. While announcing his Monday to Wednesday stint on the ITV breakfast show, he made a sly dig at his predecessor Piers Morgan.
“Some news,” he wrote on Twitter alongside a picture of the pair in the famous studio.
“@gmb have asked me to return via a third party (my agent). So I am,” he continued in view of his 95,1000 followers.
“To be fair I always say yes as I love doing it and it’s a huge show!,” Adil’s tweet continued.
“This Monday to Wednesday. Starting with the posh one @CharlotteHawkns from 6.30,” he added.
His post comes after Piers claimed that ITV bosses had contacted him via a third party to see if he would return to the show that he hosted alongside Susanna Reid for almost six years.
He said they “reached out” to him to test the waters for a return.
The 56-year-old is currently on gardening leave following his departure from the programme earlier this year.
The former newspaper editor quit following the fallout of his comments regarding Meghan Markle and her interview with Oprah Winfrey.
“I have had some quite random third-party feelers put out to see if I would consider a return to the show,” Piers told The Sun.
“I don’t want to say on the record who, but a pretty close third-party…
“As the Americans say, they reached out — there have been approaches to test the water in the wake of their obvious ratings issues,” he continued.
Piers continues to work for ITV with his Life Stories series.
Adil has been one of the guest presenters who stepped in to the breach to host GMB following Piers’ exit in March.
Many took to the comments section of his post to share their delight at his return.
“Hope you get the job permanently, you are the best for the job …. you are amazing on @GMB,” one social media user remarked.
Sharing a similar sentiment another added: “What’s stopping them giving you the job? Youre the best person for the job. We really enjoy the show when you’re on with @susannareid100.”(Sic)
In another update, the 47-year-old revealed that he received his second dose of the Covid vaccination yesterday.
“Double dosed!,” he wrote online before thanking the doctors involved.
“Thank you Dr. Farooq and Laura. Feels great to be part of a human collective that has one intention to save lives of friends, families and complete strangers.
“Thank you to all the clever people who made this happen. #takethevaccine,” he continued, adding a picture of himself receiving the jab.
Source: Read Full Article