Dan Walker talks to Alan Titchmarsh on 3am wake up for BBC Breakfast
Dan Walker made a showbiz event faux pas when he interrupted photos of Javier Jarquin last night.
The two men were attending the premiere of the new Disney movie Haunted Mansion when the incident took place, but thankfully both were able to laugh it off.
Javier shared a photo of himself suited and booted as he posed for photographers while being captured enjoying the latest offering from Disney.
In the corner, Dan, 46, could be spotted and Javier typed: “Just me and my good friend Dan Walker hanging out at the premiere.
“BTW I know he’s tall but I felt so tiny in comparison!”(sic)
READ MORE Meghan Markle thought she’d be ‘top dog’ but Princess Kate was star, says ex-pal
In response, Dan reshared the post in view of his 289,000 followers and typed: “Very sorry for ruining your photograph,” as he added a series of laughing emojis.
Other celebrities including Neil Jones got into the spooky spirit together at the London premiere of Haunted Mansion in Leicester Square.
The Strictly Come Dancing star, 40, is currently expecting his first baby with Chyna Mills, 24, and the couple were all smiles as they posed for photographers at the themed event.
Disney’s Haunted Mansion premiere was noticeably missing both its writer, Katie Dippold, and its cast of Jamie Lee Curtis, Jared Leto, Owen Wilson, Rosario Dawson, Danny DeVito and LaKeith Stanfield due to the ongoing WGA and Sag-Aftra strikes.
Amanda Holden gives ‘Bond girl vibes’ as she sunbathes in tiny blue bikini[LATEST]
Michael Barrymore gets standing ovation after ‘claiming life back'[NEWS]
Dick Strawbridge’s son teases new collaboration after Channel 4 cut ties[UPDATE]
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
As part of its terms, member writers and actors are not permitted to work or promote their work, which includes undertaking interviews, walking red carpets at premieres and even social media posts.
While several studios and streamers have opted to cancel their upcoming events — most notably the Oppenheimer red carpet in New York set for Monday — Disney moved forward with their world premiere last week, leaning on its theme park characters in the absence of the actors.
“I feel very ambivalent about it, but at the same time, I’m just so proud of this cast and I’m so, so proud of Katie Dippold, who wrote the script, and so much of why I did this was to honour her words and to honour their work,” director Justin Simien told The Hollywood Reporter on the carpet.
“If they can’t be here to speak for it, I felt like I had to be here to speak for it. It’s sad that they’re not here, at the same time, I totally support the reason why they’re not here. And I’m happy to be the one to ring the bell in their stead.”
He also noted that he finds the AI issues coming up in SAG-AFTRA’s negotiations to be “a very important thing to hammer home and to figure out”.
SAG-AFTRA announced the work stoppage after negotiations with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers faltered last week.
The group representing studios and streamers said it “presented a deal that offered historic pay and residual increases, substantially higher caps on pension and health contributions, audition protections, shortened series option periods, and a groundbreaking AI proposal that protects actors’ digital likenesses”.
SAG-AFTRA president Fran Drescher called the offer “insulting and disrespectful of our massive contributions to this industry,” criticising, “how they plead poverty when giving hundreds of millions of dollars to their CEOs. It’s disgusting. Shame on them. They stand on the wrong side of history at this very moment”.
Source: Read Full Article