At least 10 killed in Afghan attack, fighting over: official
At least 10 people were killed after gunmen stormed an education department compound in Afghanistan’s east on Wednesday, officials said, sparking an hour-long battle with security forces in the latest attack in the restive region.
Ten others were wounded in the second attack in Jalalabad city in as many days, Nangarhar provincial governor spokesman Attaullah Khogyani said in a statement.
It is not clear how many government workers were trapped inside the building during the fierce gunbattle between security forces and militants that has now ended.
“So far 10 bodies have been recovered and taken to local hospitals. Ten people have also been wounded,” Khogyani said. AFP
Source: Read Full Article